This is an advanced and challenging course. Participants should be prepared for complex rescue scenarios in a variety of conditions and should have a reliable and confident roll. Peer paddling and decision making are highlighted. This program will help the participant to “develop practical application of leadership, risk assessment, decision-making, judgment, group management, and general seamanship, in the context of a multi-day journey that includes changing conditions and varying terrain”. The level 3 program will help individuals with guiding skills and dealing with challenging situations in difficult conditions.
- Certification requires Paddle Canada Level-2 skills, and sufficient experience in Class 3 waters.
- For more details, candidates are refereed to course outline.
- Those not seeking certification need sufficient experience in Class 3 waters. More details are available in the course outline.
- Instruction and coaching by Paddle Canada Level-3 Instructors
What To Bring:
- Your own Kayak and camping equipment.
- Food Rotor contribution (Sharing food prep and packing on a rotation)
Instructor: Rick Wise
Mentorship: We encourage interested Paddle Canada instructors to apply for mentorship as Level-3 instructors on this course. Please contact us for more information about this opportunity.level_3_sylabus
Dates and Pricing
|June 28-July 2, 2021||North Channel||5 Days||$850 (Early Bird $775.00)+HST||Book Now|
|Aug 23-27, 2021||North Channel -Expedition Camping||5 Days||$850 (Early Bird $775.00) + HST||Book Now|