Paddle Canada programs are nationally recognized certifications that take paddlers from the novice level and progress through to advanced open ocean kayaking. Horizons has offerings from Introduction (novice) through Level 2 (intermediate/touring) available this summer. Now a Paddle Canada certification option is offered on all our Intro to Kayaking weekends when you complete the requirements and meet the prerequisites.
Paddle Canada skills programs include:
- Basic kayaking: Paddling with a partner in calm protected waters.
- Level 1: Paddling in a group or solo in calm, protected waters on a day trip.
- Level 2: Includes multi day travel and less protected coastline.
- Level 3: Multi-day expedition leadership training and crisis management.
Paddle Canada Instructor development programs include:
- Basic Kayaking Instructor Course – Able to instruct and certify the Basic Skills and Waterfront course
- Level 1 Instructor -Able to certify the Basic and Level 1 Skills courses
- Level 2 Instructor – Able to instruct and certify the Basic, Level 1 and Level 2 Skills courses.