Paddle Canada programs are nationally recognized certifications that take paddlers from the novice level and progresses through to advanced open ocean kayaking. Horizons has offerings from Introduction (novice) up to level 3 (intermediate/advanced) all available this summer. Most are close to home. A few are offered in other exciting locations such as Vancouver Island or in the Gaspe. Now a Paddle Canada certification option is offered on all our Intro to Kayaking weekends when you complete the requirements and meet the prerequisites.
Paddle Canada skills programs include:
- Basic kayaking: Paddling with a partner in calm protected waters.
- Level 1: Paddling in a group or solo in calm, protected waters on a day trip.
- Level 2: Includes multi day travel and less protected coastline.
- Level 3: Multi-day expedition leadership training and crisis management.
Paddle Canada Instructor development programs include
- Basic Kayaking Instructor Course – Able to Instruct and certify the Basic Skills and Water Front course
- Level 1 Instructor -Able to certify the Basic and Level 1 Skills courses
- Level 2 Instructor – Able to Instruct and certify the Basic, Level 1 and Level 2 Skills courses.